It is always recommended you seek medical advice prior to receiving any form of treatment.
After your treatment:
- After you have received a massage or deep oscillation therapy, it is very important to:
- Rest and relax as much as you can, however you may find it of benefit to keep moving gently.
- Deep breathing exercises and relaxing your shoulders will consolidate the therapeutic effect
- Drink plenty of water or herbal teas; this helps in flushing out toxins that may have been released during treatment and will reduce the possible post effects of treatment.
The possible post effects of massage (also known as the healing crisis):
- Sore throat
- You may also feel you need to pass water more
- Breakout of spots
- The condition may also feel a little more achey than when you first came in
The healing process/crisis are usually short lived and then you will feel a greater sense of wellbeing after.